The Answer is YES if you;
- Have a large party! You only have to purchase one Memory Maker package for the entire group, and you can split the cost so it’s worth every penny! Our group of 15 ended up with almost 600 professional pictures by the end of our 4 days in the parks and we did not stop to get a picture every time we saw a photographer. We could have taken advantage of this service more than we did.
- Want some quality pictures without the hassle of lugging your own camera around the park. No cell phone pic can capture the same quality as the professionals at the park. The lighting and backgrounds are set up perfectly for their photographers, plus they using high quality equipment. Also, keep in mind that if you plan to ride you may not want to hold your camera on rides or leave it unattended in a stroller.
- If you child has a reservation at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or Pirates League you will save yourself more money by not purchasing the upgraded imaging package (34.95+tax) at these magical venues. If you pre-purchase Memory Maker these pictures will automatically link to your account.
Things to Consider
- How many days will you spend in the park? If you are only there for 2 days, it may not be enough pictures to be worth your money. You could just purchase a print or two that you really liked instead of the entire package.
- Do you want to stop long enough to stand in line and get a picture taken at most of the classic theme park spots? Most people love that picture in front of the castle on Main Street, but do you want to spend your time waiting in line for a picture in front of every random scene or with characters throughout the park? This can be a time killer if you are on a schedule for fast passes, etc.
If you decide to purchase the package the biggest issue that we experienced was waiting in line to have the pictures taken. Every day when we walked into the parks the kids were so excited to see and do everything the last thing they wanted was to stand in line for a picture, but it was worth it because we will have those memories forever!
One BIG tip that we learned the hard way was not to stop at the very first photographer in the park, especially on Main Street in Magic Kingdom. After we waited in line, with 7 kids, for far too long, we realized that there were several photographers standing all the way down Main Street waiting to snap pictures for Memory Maker with the castle in the background. Everyone just stopped at the first person with a camera as they walked into the park. We most likely could have just walked up to one of those photographers without waiting. So that’s my best time saver for you!
My final tip is to decide and purchase in advance! You get an automatic $20 discount for purchasing in advance, plus sometimes there are additional discounts available if you pay attention to the disney deals.
Good luck with your Disney planning and check some of my other posts for more of my Disney tips!